We are a church, faith community with “Open Hearts, Open Minds, Open Doors”. All God’s people are welcome, young and old, settled or just visiting, with different life styles and orientations, all are welcome to God’s house.
Our friendly and enthusiastic pastor is Dr. Sam Park. We have Church services at 10:00 AM every Sunday, with fellowship luncheon after services. We are blessed to have a congregation that includes all races and many different nationalities. People are really all alike, but their cooking is different! At fellowship time we enjoy delicious new dishes. You are welcome to join us!
A brief video about our beginnings dating back to 1907 and how God has been faithful to this church and the community for over 110 years.
In 1906 refugees from the San Francisco earthquake and fire settled in the East Bay area that became Albany. At fist people met for their religious services in private homes. In 1907 as they grew in numbers, and wanting a Sunday School for their children, they formed a congregation. Eventually they purchased land, became incorporated in 1926, and in 1927 the cornerstone was laid for the church building at Marin and Stannage avenues in Albany, which has been in constant use since that time.