Albany UMC supports the following community outreach programs
- AUMC participates in the Annual CROP walk and through this the below organizations are benefited:
- Youth Engagement Advocacy Housing (YEAH). www.yeah-berkeley.org
They provide services to homeless youth age 18 to 25 including shelter and food.
2. Dorothy Day House. www.dorothydayhouse.org They provide a community breakfast to anyone in need. Breakfast is served at Christ Church of Berkeley at 2138 Cedar St. at Walnut St. from 7:00am to 8:00am).
3. Berkeley Food Pantry www.berkeleyfoodpantry.org.
They provide emergency food (groceries) to families. They are located at Friends Church, 1600 Sacramento St. at Cedar St.
4. Youth Spirit Art Works www.youthspiritartworks.org
This is also a program for youth age 16 to 25 empowering homeless and low income youth through teaching vocational skills related to commercial arts. They are located at 1740 Alcatraz near Adeline in Berkeley.
- AUMC serves dinner at the Berkeley Men’s Shelter one to two times a year
- AUMC regularly ministers to the Elderly via Christmas Caroling at El Cerrito Royale.
- AUMC had participated in the Albany Shore Clean Up
- AUMC had participated in donating Food for the Alameda County Food Bank during Christmas season
- AUMC had Volunteered at the Alameda County Food Bank